Sometimes, the best thing to do on vacation is to spend time in the Great Outdoors. With miles of coastline and woodland to explore, there is no shortage of things to do in and around Kill Devil Hills that’ll have you embracing the outdoors. Sitting along the Outer Banks oceanfront, Sea Ranch Resort is not only a relaxing place to call home, but it puts you near some of the best activities in the area.
A Checklist of Outdoor Activities to Enjoy
Unlike other parts of the country, every season is an excellent time to spend outdoors. Even in the dead of winter, temperatures average the low to mid-50s. This means that whenever you book your stay at our hotel in Kill Devil Hills, there are plenty of outdoor adventures to enjoy.
- Rent a bike from Ocean Atlantic Rentals and explore the Wright Brothers Multi-Use Path or Kitty Hawk Woods Reserve trails.
- Go on an eco-tour of the maritime forests and marshes with a local guide from Kitty Hawk Kayak & Surf School or Outer Banks Kayak Adventures.
- A quintessential Outer Banks activity is visiting the nearby sand dunes. Ride down the dunes on a sandboard from Kitty Hawk Kites or learn to fly a stunt kite.
- Our beachfront location means you are just steps away from a relaxing beach day. Playing sand hopscotch, searching for shells, running through the waves, or making sand angels are just a few of the activities that enhance a day on the sand.
- Book a fishing charter with Outer Banks Outdoor Adventures and see who can reel in the biggest catch of the day.
- Soak in the sunshine as you play your way through one of the best golf courses in the Outer Banks, like Nags Head Golf Links.
- Explore one of the numerous nature and wildlife preserves nearby, including Nags Head Wood Preserve, Kitty Hawk Woods Reserve, and Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge. These spaces showcase the beauty of North Carolina wildlife and nature and are filled with activities everyone will enjoy.
For more recommendations of things to do on your Kill Devil Hills getaway, just ask our knowledgeable staff.
Relax in Comfort at an Oceanfront North Carolina Resort
With so many things to do on your getaway in Kill Devil Hills, you need a comfortable place to call home. That’s exactly what you get when you book a stay at Sea Ranch Resort. This Outer Banks oceanfront hotel is perfect for every vacation, from family escapes to trips for two.
We offer a variety of accommodation options, including guest rooms and condos, which means you can find the right one for your group. Take advantage of our on-site amenities like a fitness center and oceanfront restaurant to make the most out of your stay. Call 252-441-7126 to learn more about the resort or special offers. When you’re ready to reserve your room, book directly with Sea Ranch Resort for special advantages and benefits.