No matter where you turn, there’s something new to discover in the Outer Banks. Whether planning a trip for the whole family or just two, there are endless activities and attractions to check out near Sea Ranch Resort. Our family-friendly resort in Kill Devil Hills is not only close to local adventures but area attractions as well. On your next Outer Banks getaway with us, leave room in your itinerary to visit Roanoke Island and all the memorable things to do there.
A Checklist of Top Roanoke Island Attractions
Despite its small size, Roanoke Island is jampacked with a variety of activities and attractions that appeal to a wide range of interests. Here’s a look at some of the fun that awaits you.
- Get a look at what lies below the water’s surface at the North Carolina Aquarium at Roanoke Island. The exhibits house everything from amphibians to snakes and even sharks.
- Sitting on 27 acres, Roanoke Island Festival Park is like a step back in time. Make your way through historic costume interpreters in the Settlement Site or board the Elizabeth II. The park is open seasonally, so be sure to check the hours before visiting.
- One thing every visitor to this area needs to experience at least once is The Lost Colony Outdoor Drama. The yearly performance runs during the summer and tells the story of America’s oldest mystery.
- Surround yourself with stunning flora at The Elizabethan Gardens. Located in Manteo, this spot is a living memorial to the lost colonists and features several types of gardens. Keep your eyes open for the statues found among the plants.
- When you’re done visiting the Maritime Museum, head across the street to visit the Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse. Constructed in 2004, the structure is a replica of one from 1877. The weathered deck leading up to the lighthouse offers breathtaking views of the Roanoke Sound.
Reserve Your Cozy Kill Devil Hills Home Base
There’s no better place to call home for your next Outer Banks escape than Sea Ranch Resort. Whether looking to explore things to do on Roanoke Island or looking for things to do with your kids, adventure is all around you.
After your exciting adventures, stop by The Beachside Bistro for a delicious meal before enjoying the sunset on the beach. When you’re ready to call it a night, you won’t have any trouble unwinding in the comfort of your cozy accommodations. Call 252-441-7126 to learn more about what awaits you when staying at our resort near Nags Head or special offers to help you save on your stay.