The Outer Banks is a unique vacation destination. Located off the coast of North Carolina, this area is made up of unique villages and towns and miles of stunning shoreline. These barrier islands are filled with a wide range of things to do and see. One such town, Kill Devil Hills, is home to Sea Ranch Resort. In addition to thrilling adventures, the Outer Banks is home to museums that celebrate the area’s history and those who once called it home.
A Checklist of Top Museums near Sea Ranch Resort
In addition to the location of aviation’s first flight, the Outer Banks is steeped in a rich history that helped shape the American landscape. A great way to see this for yourself is by setting aside time during your stay to visit some of the museums found near the resort.
- Inside Roanoke Island Festival Park is the Roanoke Adventure Museum. Explore this interactive museum as you learn about the historical developments of Roanoke and the area.
- Roanoke Maritime Museum in Manteo can be found inside the George Washington Creef Boathouse. The museum’s focus is on the celebration and construction of traditional watercraft and maritime activities.
- A truly unique museum experience can be found at Island Farm. This living history site gives visitors a look into what it was like living in the Outer Banks in the 1850s.
- Pea Island Cook House Museum tells the history of the only all African-American U.S. Coast Guard Station. See memorabilia, relics, and photographs that showcase the life of those who served as the Pea Island Lifesaving Station.
- Chicamacomico Lifesaving Station, located on Hatteras Island, is made up of two stations and five outbuildings. Enjoy a self-guided tour through the different buildings to learn about the history of the U.S. Live Saving Service.
Experience Your Perfect North Carolina Escape
When on vacation, you can do as much or as little as you please. For guests staying in Kill Devil Hills at Sea Ranch Resort looking for a more relaxing excursion, visit museums that showcase Outer Banks history, or play a round at local golf courses. Adventure seekers will enjoy spending a day at local sand dunes or going for a horseback ride.
No matter what’s on your itinerary, a stay at our oceanfront hotel means you have a peaceful place to call home. Select from a range of accommodation options, including guest rooms and condos, to find the room type that fits your needs best. For more information about our resort and its amenities, call 252-441-7126. You can also book your stay online. Don’t forget to check out our special offers to see how you can save on your stay.