There’s nothing quite like leaving the stress of everyday life behind and soaking in the sunshine on the beach. Be just steps away from the sandy shoreline by staying at Sea Ranch Resort. Our family-friendly resort is situated right on the beach in Kill Devil Hills, so there’s no better place to book your oceanfront getaway. While there is plenty to do and see, no trip to the Outer Banks would be complete without a beach day.
What to Do on a Sunshine-Filled Outing
There are miles of sandy beaches up and down the Outer Banks, including right in front of our resort. With so much shoreline, you won’t have any trouble finding ways to have fun while soaking in the sunshine.
- Stop by Kitty Hawk Kites or a local dollar store to pick up a kite for a high-flying adventure.
- Play in the surf on a boogie board from Ocean Atlantic Beach Rentals. You can also rent paddleboards, skimboards, and surfboards for even more fun.
- Wander up and down the beach looking for shells. See if you can find a rare Scotch Bonnet, the state’s official shell, or clam and mollusk shells, some of the most common shells.
- Have a friendly competition to see who can make the best sandcastle or sand angel. Just be sure to fill in any holes you create for the safety of everyone around you.
- Purchase a saltwater fishing license and cast your line surf fishing. Avoid the beach crowds by planning your outing for the early morning or evening.
- For a unique adventure, wait until the sun goes down and go ghost-crabbing. These nocturnal creatures are easily spotted with a flashlight once the sun goes down.
- Enjoy beachy vibes at The Beachside Bistro. Our oceanfront deck will have you feeling you’re on the beach but without sand getting all over your food.
Book Your Oceanfront Getaway Today
If you’re ready to trade city noise for the sound of rolling waves, pack your bags and head to Sea Ranch Resort. Feel the stress of life melt away the minute you arrive at our resort, located right on the beach in Kill Devil Hills. Whether you’re planning a summer vacation with the family or a getaway for two, our resort has everything you need to make the most out of your stay.
For accommodations with an ocean view, reserve one of our oceanfront rooms or condos, all of which come with a private balcony. Another option is our non-ocean view main building guest rooms, some with private balconies but all just steps from the beach. No matter which option you choose, you’ll have a comfortable place to call home. Call 252-441-7126 to learn more about the resort and special offers. Enjoy special advantages by booking directly with Sea Ranch Resort.